mercoledì 4 giugno 2014

Casole d' Elsa, Tuscany

I think I'm very lucky, indeed I consider myself to be very lucky. I have a small, magical house in Tuscany. More precisely, in Casole d'Elsa in the province of Siena. The land of Chianti Gallo Nero. 
The "borgo", behind my house.

Inside this beautiful my refuge from the hectic life of Milan, there is a storeroom full of old things and so wonderful. Lace, small old glasses for sherry .... The last time I was there, I found a book of Italian recipes dating, I think, to the 900.
The old book ...

I do not know the author, unfortunately, some pages were torn or damaged. Think of it in my family for at least three generations of women. The recipes are small masterpieces. Shots often seen are words that are not used anymore. 
It 'a part of the history of Italian cuisine. It 'a memory of my grandmother Vera (that's gravy). This week I will try to translate a recipe ... maybe a second plate. 

See you soon.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento